Tuesday, January 11, 2011

now saving for

A trip to Bahrain.

Yes, that Bahrain.

One of my very favorite friends is moving there today. I moved away from her last summer, so I'm surprised at how sad I am about this. But, a flight to Seattle is so much shorter and cheaper than a flight to the Persian Gulf. A, being best friends with her daughter, has decided we should go there next summer. I'm not convinced that is going to happen (especially since summer in the desert sounds rather unpleasant). Maybe for Christmas. Maybe.

Until then we'll have to figure out Skype.

I was cleaning out my Facebook inbox last night and there were dozens and dozens of emails we had sent back and forth the past couple years, mostly involving watching each others kids, rides to Girl Scouts, girls night out. Boy do I miss having her live a couple miles from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment